For B-Tech and MCA 85% are merit seats and the admission to these seats are based on the Rank obtained in the All Kerala Entrance Examinations for B-Tech and MCA respectively, conducted by Government of Kerala. For both courses remaining 15% of seats are filled by the management, which is also based on the rank obtained in the corresponding Entrance Examinations.
M-Tech program in Civil Engineerimg and Mechanical Engineering Department is under self-financing scheme. Admission to the MTech Self Financing courses, 50% seats are under Govt. merit quota and the other 50% seats are under Management quota. For the 50% Govt. merit seats, the applicants should apply to the DTE Trivandrum (in response to their advertisement on leading dailies); and they will publish a rank list. From the published rank list only, the colleges can admit the students. Therefore, the candidates in the published list only can apply to the college. For this, the eligible candidates can download the application form of the college from the college website, and the filled up application forms should be sent to the college along with a Demand draft of Rs.500/- in favour of "Principal, Mar Athanasius College of Engineering, Kothamangalam” payable at Kothamangalam.
MTech programme in Electrical Engineering Department is under aided scheme. Admissions to 15 seats are made from the list prepared by DTE Thiruvananthapuram and remaining 3 seats are filled under management Quota.
* Students having GATE score will get Stipend.