Mar Athanasius College of Engineering maintains a Research Policy that promotes quality research in various fields at varying levels. The policy ensures the quality of research of both the staff and students of the college. The institution encourages high-quality research and publications in indexed and highly rated journals.
The thrust areas of research are
- A senior Professor is appointed as Dean (PG and Research) to give necessary guidance and support to research supervisors of various departments.
- A senior faculty member is appointed as Coordinator- Funded Projects, and one faculty from each department is assigned as department coordinator to promote research projects and also to provide guidance and assistance to those who apply for projects funded by external agencies.
- An IPR (Intellectual Property Rights) cell is functioning in the college to give guidance and support for students/faculty to patent their inventions/products.
- Each department has its own research lab, which provides facilities for researchers/ students to implement their research ideas and develop products.
- A well-equipped FABLAB is functioning here, which can be availed by students/ researchers of any department.
- IEDC(Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Centre) is functioning here, which is an initiative of Kerala startup mission to promote innovation and entrepreneurship among the students and academic fraternity in the educational institutions.
- Incubation cell provides infrastructure facilities for researchers to work on their research ideas for product development.
- The institution promotes the publication of research papers in indexed journals, and the college library provides software assistance to check plagiarism for both students and faculty members.
- The faculty members are constantly encouraged to acquire Ph.D. through QIP(Quality Improvement Programme) scheme and other schemes.
- College is subscribing to many research journals like IEEE, Elsevier/Science Direct, Springer, ASME, ASCE, and Web of Science.
- Various national and international conference proceedings are available for the faculty and students of the college.
- Research Centres of the college are functioning as per the university (APJAKTU) regulations, available at https://ktu.edu.in/eu/core/researchRegulation.htm